Bringing Together Books, Children and Libraries...
The Booklegger Program is a volunteer opportunity for adults who love to read and enjoy children. The program is dedicated to promoting independent reading among school-age children, in K through 8th grades. We believe that introducing lively, interesting, and diverse books to children of all ages will contribute to the success and achievement of Pleasanton's youth.
What a Booklegger Does
- Volunteers visit classrooms in grades K through 8 giving 20 to 45 minute book presentations.
- Presentations may include short booktalks, reading aloud, and simple science or craft demonstrations.
- Participants attend 18 hours of training beginning in September -- Tuesday mornings from 9:30-11:45 for nine weeks.
- After training, volunteers are asked to visit 6-12 classrooms per semester for at least one school year.
- The program is very flexible: Bookleggers determine the dates and times of their school visits.
“Great books, great people, great program.”
As a Booklegger volunteer you make an important contribution to the educational enrichment of Pleasanton children. However, our volunteers say that the best reward is the joy and enthusiasm of the children and their teachers.
The Booklegger Program is sponsored by the Pleasanton Public Library and the Pleasanton Unified School District.
Pleasanton Public Library
400 Old Bernal Ave.
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Booklegger Coordinator, Chris Spitzel email@example.com or (925) 931-3400 x4426
Booklegger training classes are offered twice yearly.
To volunteer for the Booklegger Program contact: