Choose resources for English study and practice that best match your experience and ability with written or spoken English.
Students with little or no experience with written or spoken English may refer to the Pleasanton Career and Adult Education website. Programs include:
- HiSET (High School Equivalency)
- Parent & Community Education
- College & Career Education (including computer skills)
Beginning to Intermediate Students
Please see the Pleasanton Reads Project page. Students must have English verbal and written skills sufficient enough to register with the program. Applicants participate in a brief interview with Adult Literacy staff and complete Student Registration Form with little or no help. Students must be 18 years of age or older.
- Tutors are all volunteers; there may be a significant waiting period before placement.
- English Conversation Groups meet weekly at the Library for students to practice their English skills.
- Students may check out English study materials with a Library Card.
Las Positas College offers a comprehensive ESL Program which includes six levels of instruction: two semesters of beginning, two semesters of intermediate, and two semesters of advanced courses. The program focuses on academic language skills: reading, writing, grammar, and oral communication. The College provides assessment, counseling, orientation, and support services, including free tutoring, for all enrolled ESL and international students.