Impact and Outcome
Assist adults learning English as a second language improve their conversational English skills in an informal, small-group setting.
- Plan and lead small group activities and discussions for adults learning English
- Submit simple monthly reports on hours and participants
- Maintain contact with Literacy staff regarding needs, concerns, questions, etc.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Fluent in English
- Flexible, mature, and patient
- Interest in and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Commitment Schedule: approximately two hours per week.
Training and Support
- Free Conversation Group training workshop
- Instructional materials provided
- Ongoing information and consultation as needed
Benefits to the volunteer
- Gain experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Learn about other cultures and language groups
- Meet a variety of interesting people
- Make a valuable contribution to our community
- Hone teaching skills
Ready to apply? Fill out the attached registration form.
For more information, contact the Library's Adult Literacy Office: email@example.com or (925)931-3405.