The 2023 Summer Reading Program is here!
Saturday, June 3 - Sunday, August 6
Track the hours you read and complete activities to earn prizes all summer long!
Click here to sign up and log your hours online or click here to download the Beanstack app
Help us reach our community reading goal of 2 million minutes read!
If you are not adding your hours on Beanstack and want to make sure your hours are counted towards the community goal, visit the Children's Desk to become an Offline Reader.
Mark your place in your book and track your hours with our bookmarks! Pick one up at the Library or print them at home!
Click here for a bookmark (English)
Click here for a bookmark (Spanish)
Click here for a bookmark (Chinese)
Programs and Events
Click here for all summer programs and events
Click the icons to view and print our monthly event calendars
Rewards and Prizes
Earn rewards by logging your reading minutes. Earn tickets for raffle prizes by completing activities and reading 40 hours.
Rewards will be available beginning June 10, 2023.
Click here to view all rewards and prizes.
To redeem the Oakland A's ticket vouchers, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your My A’s Account. If you do not already have one, simply follow the link and
make a new account - HERE.
a. Note that the email you use for your account is where the tickets will link to on
the Ballpark app once received.
2. Once signed in click on “Vouchers” located on the left-hand side.
3. Type in the code found underneath the barcode and click ADD.
4. Click on the sections that are highlighted.
5. Once in the section click “Vouchers Actions” at the bottom, if redeeming, click redeem
then select how many you are redeeming.
a. You can also forward the vouchers to family/friends, to do that you would click
forward (instead of redeem), and then enter the recipient's email.
6. Next, select the game date you wish to attend, then select your seats from the map.
7. Finally, agree to the terms and conditions, then check out.
Kid Power: for students entering grades 7-8
- Important, please read: Volunteers must fill in an application, complete a volunteer waiver, attend one of the in-person trainings below, and have fingerprint clearance before they can see and sign up for shifts. Kid Power Volunteer applications are closed for the summer.
- Click here to view the 2023 Kid Power Flyer
- Training Dates
- Tuesday, May 23 at 4 p.m. in the Library Meeting Room*
- Thursday, June 8 at 2 p.m. in the Library Meeting Room*
High Schoolers: for students entering grades 9-12
- Click here to fill out a High School Student application
- Volunteers must fill in application, complete volunteer waiver, and have fingerprint clearance before they can see and sign up for shifts.
*To attend a training, volunteer applicants must register in advance after submitting an approved waiver
Article is closed for comments.