The library is offering "Sidewalk Holds Pickup" via text or web chat ...
Sidewalk Holds Pickup is available during the following times:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 12-6 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and Monday (we will not respond to texts received these days)
- The library is also open for "Grab and Go" service
Please follow these guidelines to pick up your holds with sidewalk service:
1) Place up to ten (10) holds in the web catalog by clicking the green "Place hold" button next to the title(s) you desire. You'll see a green pop-up message on the bottom of the screen indicating the hold was successfully placed.
- You can also view all of your holds by clicking your username in the upper-right corner, then click "On Hold" from the flyout menu. Note, you will see an error message if you attempt to place more than 10 holds.
2) Wait for a confirmation notification via email, text message, or phone call, that your holds are "ready-for-pickup." As we are experiencing heavy hold volume, you can expect to receive a confirmation notification within five (5) business days of placing your hold(s).
- You will have seven (7) business days to pick up your holds before they expire.
3) Text or Chat to pickup: Thirty (30) minutes before you'd like to pick up your holds, text your full name and library card number to 925-922-5830, or enter your name and card number in our Sidewalk Service web chat (using Chrome or Safari browser), to give us time to prepare your holds. We will reply to confirm a 30 minute wait time.
Upon arrival, park in a library parking space, and retrieve your holds on the tables under the white tents on the library's front patio. Holds will be sorted and labeled alphabetically by last name, and checked out to your library card.
- If you prefer not to text or use the web form, you may also call 925-931-3400 ext. 4, to let us know you're on your way.
Safety Measures: Please remember to wear a face covering when picking up your holds and keep at least six feet of distance between yourself and other library patrons.
Our sincere appreciation to all of our library members who have hung with us during these challenging times. We are so grateful for your patience, understanding, and kind words. We hope you enjoy Sidewalk Holds Pickup!