The library is offering "Sidewalk Holds Pickup" via text message ...
Sidewalk Holds Pickup is available during the following times:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 12-6 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and Monday
- Thursday, December 24, through Monday, December 28
- Thursday, December 31: Early 5 p.m. Closure
- Friday, January 1, through Monday, January 4
Please follow these guidelines to pick up your holds with sidewalk service:
1) Place up to ten (10) holds in the web catalog (you'll see an error message if you attempt to place more than ten items on hold).
2) Wait for a confirmation notification your holds are ready-for-pickup.
3) Text to pickup: Before you depart for the library, text your full name and library card number to 925-922-5830, to give us time to prepare your holds. We will reply with an estimated wait time. Upon arrival, park in a library parking space, and retrieve your holds on the tables under the white tents on the library's front patio. Holds will be sorted and labeled alphabetically by last name, and checked out to your library card. Please note: the library will not respond to texts received on our two closed days of Sunday and Monday.
- If you prefer not to text, you may also call 925-922-5830, to let us know you're on your way.
Safety Measures: Please remember to wear a face covering when picking up your holds and keep at least six feet of distance between yourself and other library patrons.
Our sincere appreciation to all of our library members who have hung with us during these challenging times. We are so grateful for your patience, understanding, and kind words. We hope you enjoy Sidewalk Holds Pickup!