The Pleasanton Public Library is pleased to provide wireless printing at no charge during the Covid-19 closures. Print from any Internet-connected or Wi-Fi enabled device, such as a smartphone or laptop, for pick up at the Pleasanton Library. This service will offer print job pick-up during our Sidewalk Service hours:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 1-6 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and Monday
Please follow these steps to pick up your print job with Sidewalk Service:
1) Send an email with the document to be printed attached. If you want to print an email, forward the email. You will receive a confirmation email from the system within a few minutes. Please note that although the confirmation email states that the job is waiting for pickup at the printer, your print job will be ready for pickup after 30 minutes.
- For Single-sided Black and White prints, email email@example.com
- For Double-sided Black and White prints, email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Come to the Library 30 minutes or more after receiving your confirmation email, during Sidewalk Service hours. Park in a Library parking space and find your print job on the table just outside the Library's main entrance. Your email address will be written on the outside of the folder.
How Print Pick-Up Works
- Print jobs may be sent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, printing and pickup will only occur during Sidewalk Service hours (above). Print jobs received outside of Sidewalk Service hours will be printed and made available during the next open Sidewalk Service hours.
- Print jobs will be held for 7 days, at which point they will be shredded.
- Total number of pages will be limited to 20 pages per patron per day. Please use double-sided printing whenever possible.
- No editing or reformatting will be provided.
- Google Drive Users: If you wish to print a document from your Google Drive, you will need to download the document from Google Drive and attach the downloaded file to the email you send to us. A link to the document in Google Drive will not work.
- Use will be governed by the Library's Public Access to the Internet Policy.
Safety Measures: Please remember to wear a face covering when picking up your print job and keep at least six feet of distance between yourself and other library patrons.
Questions: Send an email to our print services team: email@example.com
Our sincere appreciation to all of our library members who have hung with us during these challenging times. We are so grateful for your patience, understanding, and kind words.